Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Partnership Development Coach

You get the prize if you can figure out what we are doing in this picture :)
This is an old picture of my good friend, Jill. Once upon a time we were roommates in college. That was 15 years ago! These days we don't get together or talk as often as we should and so when we do we are likely to talk for hours :) She has the business-brain and tends to be more detail-oriented that I am. She also has been out to visit me in Indonesia. So when I needed to pick someone to be my partnership development coach she was one my first thoughts. Plus it was a good excuse for us to "have" to spend some time together!

A partnership development coach is required by my organization during this time of support-raising. For example, she went with me to PDX (partnership development training) and helped me design my presentation. She has also helped me plan and kept me accountable during these long days of preparation. Her "job" essentially was to help me leave, which of course means she has to say goodbye, which has to be one of the tougher jobs out there! It has been a blessing to have someone walk this journey with me. Hopefully, she will again get to visit Indonesia as well.

(For those who are wondering the picture above was taken during Jill's visit to Indonesia. Unfortunately, her visit happened to coincide with my getting sick and so in the picture we were actually in a hospital in Malaysia. I was about to have minor surgery to remove a lump near the initial bite that we thought might help us figure out what was making sick. Not exactly what we had planned for her visit, but it was nice to have a friend with me.)


No comments:

Post a Comment