Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Countdown has Begun

Well I am less than 48 hours from departure now! So much running through my head - some good, some hard and lots of tears. In the good news, I finally got my visa on Friday morning! This visa will allow me to stay several months, but I will need to leave the country at some point when the visa that will last a year is issued.


I was blessed this weekend by two of my sisters (who I had thought I had already said goodbye to) coming down early on Saturday morning. Our whole family was able to be together for this weekend before I left. I got several gifts from them including a fun PowerPoint and several small ducks, one for each of my sisters.


This morning I was also commissioned by my church in Hood River, Oregon. It was such a joy to share in a time of prayer with everyone. I was surrounded by family and friends. My Regional Mission Director from WorldVenture, Doug Hazen, was also able to come. Also joining us, were Bob and Liz Long, past missionaries at Bethesda Hospital.


Six and half years ago, on my last Sunday in Indonesia, I folded up the bulletin from church and tucked it in my Bible. I have carried it in my Bible since, as a reminder to pray for Indonesia. At the time I didn't know if I would ever return to serve there. Now I am less than 2 days from departure! I am excited about the ministry the Lord has planned for me, but leaving is also very hard. I will miss my family and friends here a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment