Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow Days

I know that there are going to be those of you that get a good laugh at this post (especially those of you reading this in Colorado, Chicago, and back East) because yep I am posting about snow. You see snow, especially snow that lasts more than a day or so, is not the norm here in the Puget Sound. Need examples of how people in the Puget Sound respond to winter weather... just look up Seattle winter driving on YouTube :)

That said I happen to love the snow. Especially when I can stay all snuggled up at home and just enjoy it. It started snowing here in Everett last weekend. Just a few inches but because it was cold it didn't melt away (the usual for Puget Sound snow). I was working all weekend so that meant some dicey commutes to and from work, but thanks to good snow tires and and all-wheel drive Subaru I had no big problems. I finished work on Tuesday morning and when I woke up on Tuesday afternoon we had gotten hit by a convergence zone and had about 5 inches total. Still cold so it stuck around. Today (Thursday) it was suppose to warm up and change to rain. As I write this however, it is still only 25 degrees here at my house AND it has been snowing all day so we are up to like a foot outside (not that I am going out to measure it).

Here are a few pictures from my yard over the last few days...

Not sure my lilac bush is ever going to be quite the same

Or the rhododendron either for that matter

The view from my bedroom window

The official current conditions and forecast on my computer screen

Compare that to the current conditions and forecast at the hospital in Indonesia

Check out that "real feel" temperature of 105 and it is only noon, so the hottest part of the day is still to come

The change in the weather is going to be one of the many changes I will have to adjust to when I move to Indonesia. Right now though I plan to curl up and enjoy the peace and quiet the snow brings.

Next Thursday, I am looking forward to spending the evening at Anitra's house. We work together at Providence Hospital here in Everett. She has volunteered to host an info and fundraising event for me to share about my plans with our friends and co-workers. I hope it will be a lot of fun as well as informative. Please be praying I communicate well with this diverse group of people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment