Sunday, January 29, 2012

An evening to remember

So what happens when you combine a dozen obstetric nurses and some good food... you get a lot of stories and laughter. Now imagine that you combine that with something they can get passionate about like decreasing maternal/neonatal mortality and stories from Indonesia. Add that all together and you get an evening to remember.

A co-worker (thanks Anitra!) hosted an evening for me share to share with other co-workers about Indonesia, my plans and needs. It was so much fun to share about this part of my life with my friends! I wish I had thought to get some pictures but in the busyness of the night I just forgot.

Now I am sitting at SeaTac airport waiting for my flight to Colorado. I will spending the next five days at WorldVenture's Renewal Conference. This is a chance for all their missionaries currently in the US and the home office staff to get together. We spend the first two days in prayer. Prayer for the workers and work around the world. The remaining two and half days are filled with updates from around the world and what is happening at the home office as well as some workshops. It is an exciting time to see what God is doing around the world and be with friends. I will have the chance to connect with teammates from Indonesia and some of the group who were appointed at the same time. It is so encouraging to connect with those who are on similar journeys. Please pray for safe travel - it is winter in Colorado but thankfully no major snowstorms are predicted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment