Thursday, July 28, 2011

Building a Prayer Team

One of the things that has become more and more obvious as I have worked through this process of preparation is that prayer support is incredibly important. Satan has and will do as much as he can distract and destroy the work at Bethesda Hospital. That includes attacking those who serve there, myself included. Staying strong physically, emotionally, and spiritually will be crucial and one of the best ways I know to protect myself is to have a strong team praying for me and the ministry there.

The idea is that this core group of people would commit to pray regularly. I would send updates to this group on a regular basis as well as any urgent prayer requests. These requests might be personal, others would be for needs or problems in the Indonesia, and some for specific patients or needs at the hospital. As the prayers are answered I would let you know giving us a chance to share in the joy of what the Lord is doing in Indonesia.

Prayer support has been an incredible blessing for me during previous times serving in Indonesia. There was someone at First Baptist Church in Hood River who prayed for me during the service when we were sharing in a time of blessing and praying just before I left for Indonesia. The person praying told me to look around and see the faces of the ones praying for me and feel the presence of those that were laying their hands on me at that moment. Then when the hard days came to remember that moment and know that those people were still thinking and praying for me. That encouragement is something I took with me and that gave me an incredible sense of peace when those hard times did come and obviously it is something that I remember even today.

If you are interested in joining this team please let me know. You can email me at calistay[at]gmail.com. (Just replace that [at] with an @ symbol in your actual email - this helps cut down on the spam I receive)

Oh and FYI for people in Hood River - I will be visiting the area August 19th-23rd. I know August is a busy vacation and activity time but I would love to sit down and talk with anyone who is interested or has questions. I will be also be visiting near the end of September (dates still be to determined) for those that aren't available in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment