Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Year Plans

Been some busy days here! The big news is that I passed my board exam and am officially a Certified Nurse-Midwife!! It is a great feeling to put the whole school thing behind me and focus on preparation for Indonesia. 

Next month is going to be busy. In early February I will be returning to Colorado for training in Partner Development. It will be good to reunite with the friends I met in November and make some new ones. After that training I will begin building a team of prayer and financial support for Indonesia. In late February I will be headed to Idaho to attend training on serving as a midwife in a developing country.

Last but not least I am getting ready to start sending out monthly email newsletters. If you would like to received them you can sign-up on the left-hand side of the blog. 

2 comments:

  1. We'll be a WV for training in Febuary too. Same one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Calista,
    Congrats!! Are you going to the Mercy In Action training with Vicki Penwell in Idaho? If so... it's EXCELLENT!!! I went in September 2009 and it's what convinced me to go back to school yet again. Vicki is my preceptor for my midwifery program and we'll be spending two months with them in the Philippines in 2012 for some clinical rotations. Have fun and give her a hug for me! Looking forward to following our parallel journeys!! :)
    Blessings,
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete