Friday, December 17, 2010

Help Needed


Explore Indonesia and Discover Serving at Bethesda Hospital from Calista Yates on Vimeo.

So the video above is a collection of pictures and videos that helps you explore and discover Indonesia, Bethesda Hospital, and being a missionary. Most of the pictures were taken during a 6 month period in 2006 when one of my main responsibilities was coordinating short-term workers who came to Bethesda Hospital. The song playing is "Here I Am" and was "borrowed" from the group downhere. They have some amazing music that you can find on iTunes or at your local Christian bookstore.

So you have seen the job description and as you you can imagine it feels a bit overwhelming and right now I will be the only American nurse there. And let's face it, I am single woman moving to a rather isolated and rural location. While there will be other missionaries serving there, they are all families and doctors. So I would love to have another single woman, preferably a nurse or nurse practitioner etc to go with me. In the past I have been there both with and without another single woman and I definitely preferred the partnership of another woman and nurse. On the good days we celebrated together and on the rough days we supported each other. We also had fun taking vacations together. This is not a lifetime commitment, even a couple of years would be a big help. Please contact me if this is something that interests you and we can talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment