Friday, October 15, 2010

So first a little about me...

I was born and raised in a little town in the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon. The perfect place for a childhood with lots of places to play and for imaginations to grow. I am the oldest of four girls and my family is one of my biggest joys. I have wanted to be a nurse for forever or so it seemed as a kid. So after getting my Bachelor's in Nursing and working for a year at Seattle Children's Hospital I ended up halfway around the world ministering at Bethesda Hospital in West Kalimantan (Borneo), Indonesia. For three years I ate a lot of rice, learned a whole new language and way of life and discovered that the world is bigger than even the imagination of my childhood could dream up. I am back in the US now working a "normal" job at Providence Everett Hospital in their Family Maternity Center. Currently I am also getting my Master's Degree in Nursing from Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing and studying to become a nurse-midwife. After graduation in the fall of 2010 I hope to return and serve in Indonesia with WorldVenture at Bethesda Hospital.

Welcome to my blog! Stayed tuned for more on this adventure known as life :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment