Sunday, January 5, 2014

6 Months In

Can you believe over six months have already gone by? 

That was the start of a recent letter I received from the missionary care department at WorldVenture (my organization). It caught me by surprise because it doesn't feel like 6 months has passed, since I arrived in Indonesia. Minus the whole broken leg thing I feel like I have had a rather easy transition :) 

It did however make me start to think about the next transition ahead. Hopefully in about three months I will be moving to hospital! I am excited to finally get settled and move into ministry but there is a bit of trepidation too. I really want to thrive and have a fruitful ministry and it will take a lot of effort to develop relationships (especially considering I am an introvert), figure out how I can best use my skills and gifts, and yet not get too overwhelmed by the work. Finding the right work / rest balance will be tough because there are always people who need help (click here to read a couple of recent stories of patients at the hospital).

The letter from WorldVenture goes on to describe how I am in the zone - a term mountain climbers use to describe that spot where you have to decide whether you are going to go forward or turn back. There is no doubt in my mind that I will go forward but I would also ask for your prayers, starting even now, that this next transition will also go well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment