Friday, February 3, 2017

Christmas Celebrations with Students

 *Very late post :) *
One of my favorite parts (but also very time consuming) of the Christmas season here in Serukam is the opportunity to invite the Nursing School students to my house before they leave on Christmas vacation. This year because of the accreditation visit things had to be moved up by a week leaving me scrambling a bit to get enough food baked but in the end it was fine. So for three nights I hosted an open house at my place. Here are some of the fun pictures from those open houses... 


You can tell where the party is by finding the house with all the noise and shoes outside
A necessary requirement is a lot of food! 100s of cookies and at least one cupcake and can of soda per student required. 
And after that is all about fun, singing and eating...











I keep busy keeping food on the table and taking a lot of pictures with all the different students. By the they are ready to head home my smile is wearing a bit thin :) 



These two young ladies (Dolina in the center and Gusniati on the right) are two of my "anak PA" or students that I provide academic counseling for. In this case they are both 2nd year students. We meet regularly through the semester to make sure they are doing well physically, spiritually, emotionally, and academically. Both of these young ladies consistently get the top grades in their class. Unfortunately, my other student from this class, Nimrod, routinely receives some of the lowest grades in his class and is struggling to pass. Please pray for all of our staff and teachers as we seek to teach and mentor these young nurses-to-be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment