Thursday, May 30, 2013

Going with "Plan B" for my Visa

We found out last week that the language learning visa I had applied for is not going to be available in time for me to start language school on July 5th. There are blessings though, even in this. For example, we only found out because one of my teammates happened to go by the school to start the visa process for someone else. At least we know now and can go with plan B. 

Plan B is actually easier, at least at first and doesn't require me to go to the consulate in San Francisco to pick-up the visa. Now I will be applying for a visitor's visa. There are still a few hoops to jump through and it will take some time but hopefully it will be done in time for me to depart on June 25th as planned. Not having the original type of visa will probably cause some bumps on the other side as the original visa would have given me more of a residency permit. I will also need to travel out to Singapore when that visa is done, but hopefully I can do that during one of the school breaks. 

Please be praying that everything goes smoothly from here on out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment