Thursday, May 3, 2012

National Day of Prayer

WorldVenture home office staff meeting to pray this morning
Today around the country people are meeting under flag poles, in front of offices and schools, and in small groups to spend some special time in prayer. This day has been designated as the National Day of Prayer, so people are meeting to pray for the people and needs of this world. As an organization with over 500 missionaries serving in over 60 countries WorldVenture has many prayer needs and praise reports each month. You can read the ones for March/April here. Of if you are interested in receiving text messages when there are urgent prayer requests ( i.e. car accidents, political unrest, evacuation of missionary families, severe illness, etc.) from WorldVenture you can sign-up here

One of my goals is to soon have a prayer team organized that gets regular updates from me as well urgent requests via email. If you are interested in signing-up for that and haven't already you can email me at the address on the left hand side of this blog.

As you meet today and might be led to pray for me here are a few ideas:

Praise:
1. Safe trip back from Oregon after my car broke down on the way back to Everett. Thankfully the car broke down shortly after I left Hood River allowing me to return there for repairs instead of getting stuck in Seattle traffic from the May Day demonstrations.
2. Receiving the MedSend grant that will help me pay back my educations loans while I serve.
3. Am officially 53% supported and with verbals commitments for over 55%.

Prayer:
1. Raising the remaining support I need by the end of July so I can depart in August in time to start language school.
2. That plans will come together, details will go smoothly, and travel will go well as I move from Everett to Hood River and attend trainings in Canada and Colorado in the coming months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment